New Trend Magazine
EYEWITNESS GLIMPSE OF LASHKAR-e-TAYBA
On December 20, President Bush declared that Lashkar-e-Tayba is a
terrorist group. The very next morning, an obliging Pakistani
declared that it had frozen L-e-T's assets and by December 24, Pakistan
cut the telephones of L-e-T mai office and ordered its offices sealed
accounts to be investigated. All this came from Indian claims that
involved in the attack on its parliament.
On December 17, we got an eyewitness account of an Eid Gathering
addressed by Hafiz Saeed, leader of Lashkar-e-Tayba. Here are the main
of the Eid Khutba delivered by the jihadist leader:
1. The gathering was held at Qaddafi stadium in Lahore and was attended
tens of thousands of people.
2. Among the participants were several thousand women, wearing Islamic
covering and (many) with face veils. The women had their own women's
3. The area of the gathering was secured by fighters of L-e-T armed
4. The crowds enthusiastically supported L-e-T and (men and women)
large amounts of cash for Jihad.
5. In his powerful speech, Hafiz (one who has memorized the Qur'an)
Saeed condemned the U.S. bombing of Afghanistan and praised the courage
endurance of the Taliban. He said the Taliban have withdrawn intact
their weapons and will re-emerge.
6. Prof. Saeed expressed the Islamic will against Indian atrocities in
Kashmir and vowed to continue the struggle to liberate the Islamic land
7. He categorically rejected and condemned the Indian propaganda about
L-e-T's involvement in the attack on India's Parliament. He pointed
i. If L-e-T were to attack an Indian target, it would openly take
ii. The attack has been concocted and set-up by India. L-e-T has no
and nothing to gain by carrying out such an attack.
iii. He reminded India that when L-e-T had attacked a military prison
India where Muslims were being tortured, it had taken responsibility
India had not been able to kill or capture its fighters.
Pakistani observers say that Musharref (Pak. President ) will not be
crush L-e-T because the Jihadists have support in EVERY Pak city.
moves will come to nothing and will destroy its credibility.
These observers are saying, the coup leader (Musharref) is trying to
America, but America's military moves have nullified the entire plan.
Pakistanis are now rapidly uniting to help the armed forces against
2001-12-25 Tue 08:44ct