National Islamic Shoora Meets in Pennsylvania: Anti-Israel,
Interracial, Strongly pro-Woman, anti-War, Based on the
Qur'an and Hadith.
On July 25, 2009, the National Islamic Shoora of Jamaat al-Muslimeen, with delegates from across America, met in a small Pennsylvania town adjacent to Lincoln University.
The formal presentations made at the all day gathering were as follows:
1. Keynote address by Dr. Abdulalim Shabazz on the Mis-education of U.S. elites and the roots of supremacist & hegemonistic ideas.
2. Sis. Karen English on the Boycott Movement against businesses which support Israel.
3. Imam Badi Ali on the fabrication of "American Islam" and the corruption of Muslim groups in the U.S.
4. Sis. Ashira on the connection between U.S. Muslims and Africa.
5. Sis. 'Aisha on Police Profiling and how to stop police atrocities against African Americans and Muslims.
6. Dr. Kaukab Siddique did the tafseer of Sura 2 verse 177 under the topic" Islam integrates, indissolubly, Faith, worship, Social Action and Jihad."
There were brief breaks for lunch and salat. Dr. Shabazz led the salat.
The meeting was presided over by Dr. Siddique.
Government Agents Harass Jamaat al-Muslimeen Again.
Days before the National Shoora meeting, government agents "visited" Br. Aquil, the representative of Jamaat al-Muslimeen in Philadelphia. Thus these agents have "visited" Jamaat representatives in three different cities, although Jamaat al-Muslimeen has made it clear that it works for non-violent resistance to oppression and stays strictly within the limits of the law.
Jamaat al-Muslimeen now has a good attorney who represents not only Dr. Siddique but the Jamaat as a whole.
It's not clear whether the government agents took the initiative to harass the Jamaat or they were put on the trail by puppet "Muslim" or Jewish organizations.
Resolutions issued by the National Islamic Shoora of Jamaat al-Muslimeen:
About Our America:
1. Police tyranny and police crimes against the poor, the Black, and the Muslim have become commonplace in major cities across America. The hand of racism has emerged through the sleeve of the police culminating in the outrage against an African American university professor who though known as a supporter of the White House and a critic of Africans was humiliated by an ordinary policeman because he talked back. We condemn police atrocties and urge Americans to call for an end to police tyranny and racism.
2. The education system in America needs to be overhauled so that it is not elitist and so that it reflects the realities of the world we live in and becomes a system for social transformation. Education as it is supports hegemony, war and institutional racism. We urge Americans to look critically at the education system and question its values.
3. We condemn the objectification and exploitation of women in the media. Islam brings about respect, honor and equal participation of women in decision making. The forces of consumerism and entertainment are undermining women's role as equal companions of men and the nourishers and foundation for decency and morality. We urge Americans to oppose and condemn the sexually demeaning and exploitative use of women in American films, videos, TV and advertising in general.
4. American corporate media, be it CNN or FOX or MSNBC or PBS or NPR, have become mere tools of the Democratic and Republican parties and are denying the American people access to the realities of the world. For instance the non-stop storytelling about Michael Jackson on all channels blanked out Cynthia McKinney's abduction by Israel and her efforts to bring relief to Gaza. The anniversary of Pakistan army's assault on the Red Mosque and Jamia Hafsa [Women's Seminary] was ignored although it is the root of the war going on in Pakistan at U.S. instigation. Let's join hands to oppose the moves of corporate media and to create independent channels of information.
5. America's Muslims have been denied unity and guidance from the Qur'an and the Sunnah owing to the efforts of the White House to create an "American Islam." The use of puppet organizations to create the impression that U.S. Muslims support American policies in the name of fighting "terrorism" in Iraq, Somalia, Kashmir, Iraq, Afghanistan, Palestine denies Muslims here the right to express themselves. We demand that the government stop its support for puppet Muslim organizations.
6. We urge the Muslim ummah, globally, and the Muslims of Amerca in particular, to boycott businesses which support Israel directly or indirectly. Starbucks, McDonalds, Nestle, Home Depot , Sara Lee, Coca Cola, Estee Lauder and Timberland are among the top supporters of the Israeli occupiers of Palestine.
1. The ongoing Israeli effort to cut off the entire population of Gaza from the rest of the world is a huge crime against humanity and an unforgivable violation of international law and Islamic law. Gaza is the symbol of holocaust and genocide in our times. Let us unite against the siege of Gaza.
2. We urge President Obama to withdraw American forces from Iraq. Six months after Obama was inaugurated, U.S. troops, 139,000 strong, are still stuck in Iraq. They cannot win even with the use of overwhelming force. They are supporting a puppet regime and thus fueling the continuation of conflict in Iraq.
3. We condemn the continuing U.S.-NATO occupation of Afghanistan, the steady reinforcement of U.S. military forces in Afghanistan and the use of B-1 and B-52 bombers and other weapons of mass destruction against the poorly armed Taliban who are standing up for Islam and an independent Afghanistan. The NATO attempt to engineer and install puppets through fake "voting" in these circumstances makes a joke out of self-determination
4. Palestine does not belong to the Jews. It belongs to the Palestinians and to the Muslim ummah at large. Continued funding of the Israeli war machine and the attempts to crush Islamic resistance are futile and certainly will not lead to peace. We urge the government to stop funding Israel if it is serious about peace.
5. Under U.S. tutelage and under the scrutiny of General Petraeus and Mr. Holbrook, the Pakistani generals led by Kayani are trying to destroy the Islamic institutions and Islamic way of life in Swat, Buner, Dir, Bajaur, Darra Adam Khel and other areas of Pakistan. More than three million people were made homeless by the Pakistani military. About two hundred thousand have returned to their homes only to find them demolished. This is GENOCIDE and the Muslim world should condemn the Pakistani military action in clear words.
6. The Pakistani army's attempts to force its way into South Waziristan and the bombing of villages there by U.S. drones are proving futile and are spreading the war into other areas of Pakistan. Efforts for peace and negotiation are needed. We urge the Pakistani people to speak out clearly against the use of air attacks, heavy artillery and tank columns against a proud people whose only "crime" is that they believe in Islamic brotherhood and have a sense of honor against oppressors.
7. The Somali people's efforts to help Islamic activists in Somalia should not be dubbed as acts of terrorism. Somalia has the right to be an Islamic state without interference by the U.S. and other countries. We urge the White House to stop its demonization of Somali Islamic fighters.
8. Iran is being targeted by Euro-American pressure groups and media, with the help of alienated elements within Iran. These attempts to isolate and weaken Iran are bound to backfire as long as the concept of Wilayate Faqih is in place. The constant hymn of hate against Iran is inspired by Israel-related groups and should not fool Muslims. We urge Americans to support Iran's rights as a nation and oppose Israeli warmongering against Iran.
9. China's Muslims are undisputably a significant part of the Muslim ummah. The Chinese supramacist attacks on Muslims in eastern Turkistan have hurt the entire Muslim ummah. Further atrocities along these lines will damage the Chinese advances and goodwill in the Muslim world. Efforts should be made by both sides not to fall into the trap of being used by Euro-American and Zionist groups.
10. India has an occupation army of 700,000 troops in Kashmir. The Indian army has killed Muslims, raped Muslim women, burned their homes, desecrated their places of worship. In these circumstances, the American defense agreement with India is a slap in the face of the Muslims of Kashmir. We urge India to withdraw from Kashmir and we call on the American people to stop Indian atrocities against women and places of worship.
11. The Muslims of India are terrorized by India's upper caste Hindus, so much so that they are afraid of showing any support, even verbal, for Islamic resistance anywhere. Babri masjid, desecrated and destroyed, has not been restored to Muslims. India's Muslims are so terrorized that they are refusing to take the bodies of the fighters who attacked Mumbai in revenge for Kashmir and give them proper burial. We urge the Muslims of India to unite on the basis of Islam and to demand an end to the ban on authentic Islamic organizations like SIMI [the students' Islamic movement of India.] Instead of following conservative [and frighened] Muslims organizations, we advise India's Muslims to form new organizations and work with the Dalits, Christians, Sikhs and other oppressed people of India.